Semcasting is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team working in our North Andover, MA corporate headquarters. The ideal candidate will have 5-8+ years’ experience developing commercial-quality software, as well as 3+ years’ experience with Java.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5-8+ years commercial software development experience
- 3+ years Java
- 3+ years Linux
- 3+ years strong database and SQL experience, preferably MySQL and/or Oracle
- Strong familiarity with the full software development lifecycle, understanding customer requirements, design, development, documentation, testing, debugging, deployment, and maintenance
- Familiarity with using source code control systems, i.e. Subversion; testing tools such as JUnit, Mockito, Selenium; bug tracking tools, etc.
- Ability to turn customer requirements into solid, functional, well-documented, and maintainable software designs
- Ability to understand, work with, and integrate into a large existing code base
- Ability to work independently as well as in a distributed and highly collaborative team
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience using/writing REST APIs
- Experience with deploying to and supporting cloud-based production environments
- Experience working with very large data sets
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with big data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, etc.
- Web UI/UX design and development skills
Semcasting offers a great work/life balance, competitive base salary, medical, dental, & vision coverage, Flexible Spending, 401(k), short-term, long-term and life insurance, profit sharing, generous paid time off and many other comprehensive benefits.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and your resume with salary requirements to email@example.com with the Job Code SSE-1117 in the subject line of your email. A Semcasting recruiter will contact you if your qualifications fit the position.
Semcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not accept inquiries from recruiting agencies. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States, and we do not offer relocation packages.