Effective Date: 12/06/2018
- Personal information and our business model
- The personal information we collect and how we collect it
- Your consent to our collection of personal information
- How we use your personal information
- How we disclose personal information
- How we secure your personal information
- Retention of personal information
- Tracking and child privacy
- Your rights to your personal information and “Do Not Sell My Data” opt-out
Personal Information and Our Business Model
Semcasting provides audience targeting and attribution technology solutions that support our clients (our “Clients”) and their agency of record. We facilitate advertising services through the use of Demand Side Platforms and the execution of attribution studies on our Clients’ behalf. Our role is to provide the matching, onboarding, optimization and proof of performance for those audiences identified for our Clients.
Our Services use a Client’s first-party CRM customer or prospect data (“Client Data”) to support advertising on desktops, mobile devices, connected TVs, video, or other forms of information delivery over the Internet. We receive Client Data using secured, encrypted methods in two ways: (i) our Clients supply us with Client Data directly, and (ii) we collect information on visitors to our Client’s websites. Client Data includes names, addresses, emails, phone numbers, locations and website traffic logs. We control a Client’s Client Data only during and for the purpose of the performance of our Services for such Client. We are only able to remove or revise your information located in Client Data we control that has been provided to us by our Clients. We have no control over Client Data that has not been provided to us and remains in the control of our Clients. Please contact our Clients directly to request the removal or revision of your information stored in their databases.
Semcasting also gathers data independently. Semcasting (i) compiles publicly available information on households and businesses to support our first-party matching process, and (ii) purchases data from third party distributors (collectively, “Semcasting Data”). Semcasting Data adheres to online and offline privacy recommendations, code-of-conduct and guidelines of the Direct Marketing Association (http://thedma.org) (the “DMA”), IAB (http://www.iab.net), and the Association of National Advertisers (https://www.ana.net/). We follow The HITRUST CSF in our management of sensitive data and physical security as well as Trustwave for online data management.
Semcasting uses Client Data and Semcasting Data only for the purpose of providing the Services.
The Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We and our third party service providers and marketing partners may collect the following personal information about you:
- Semcasting collects Client Data in order to perform Services for our Clients.
- Semcasting collects publicly-available bulk data from government agency filings, such as postal addresses, housing transactions, voter registration information and voter preferences. Although not personal information, Semcasting also collects publicly-available aggregated data, such as local and regional economic performance indicators and summarized healthcare information.
- Semcasting purchases data from third party distributors to provide the Services. This data includes transaction data, mapping data, and mobile device data from the following trusted partners:
- Visitors to the Site may wish to subscribe to the Semcasting newsletter or blog, or may request further information about our marketing solutions and use of data via our contact form available at our Site. Individuals requesting more information will be asked to provide their first and last name, email address, job title, phone number and company name. We do not merge any of the personal information collected via our contact form with other information collected automatically on our Site.
- Our Site offers publicly accessible blogs that allow user comment. You should be aware that any comments you make might be read, collected, and used by others who access the blogs.
- Semcasting records from all visitors to our Site, such as website traffic logs, number of visits or clicks on a given page, pages viewed or links to our Site, and internet protocol (“IP”) addresses. An IP address is the unique number assigned to your server or Internet Service Provider.
- Semcasting may collect personal information about you provided to us by third party services (e.g. if you link to or connect with third party services, such as for the purpose of applying for a job with us, they may send us your personal information).
- Our Site includes Social Media Features, such as the Facebook Like button, and Widgets, such as the Share This button or interactive mini-programs that run on our Site. These Features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our Site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social Media Features and Widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Site. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
Semcasting does not currently collect or process any personal information as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”). Semcasting provides Services to European customers based on completely de-identified data that is aggregated at a postal code level with no ability to re-identify a person, device or household. Semcasting has no access to European consumer information other than government-sanctioned census level information which is aggregated at a postal code level.
Your Consent To Our Collection
You may withdraw your consent at any time, unless such withdrawal would frustrate our ability to comply with a legal obligation. Your withdrawal may restrict our ability to provide our Services or access to our Site. You may request that we delete any personal information we have collected about you, though please note that we are not required to delete personal information if it is necessary for us, among other things, (i) to detect security threats, (ii) to debug and correct errors that impair existing intended functionality, or (iii) to use the personal information solely for internal purposes that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us.
There are limited circumstances in which we may collect, use or disclose personal information without your consent. They are:
- When the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is permitted or required by law;
- In an emergency that threatens an individual’s life, health or personal security;
- When the personal information is available from a public source;
- When we require legal advice from a lawyer;
- For the purposes of collecting debt;
- To protect ourselves from fraud; or
- To investigate an anticipated breach of an agreement or contravention of law.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use the personal information of consumers to provide the Services, as described in Personal Information and Our Business Model, above.
Technical Site Data
As discussed above, our web servers may collect information including the IP address of visitors to our Site, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. We use this information for the following purposes:
- To measure the use of our Site, including number of visits, average time spent on the Site, pages viewed, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and to improve the content we offer.
- To administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- As part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure.
Contact Information and Communications
As discussed above, we may collect your contact information and your personal details in connection with, among other things, your general questions, support requests, and job applications. We may use this information in the following ways:
- To respond to your questions and comments.
- To deliver requested evaluation materials.
- To coordinate webinars and events.
- To evaluate candidates for potential employment opportunities.
- To send e-mail notifications and reminders related to the Site and Services.
- To send you communications, including newsletters, service announcements, administrative messages, marketing messages or other marketing information.
- To establish and maintain relationships with our visitors.
- To meet and comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
How We Disclose Your Personal Information
- Within our organization.
- At your request or with your consent.
- To provide the Services to our Clients.
- We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us support business activities such as offering customer service or data processing. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Certain information may be shared with third parties or published when you follow links to third party websites. We do not own or control these third parties and when you interact with them you may be providing information to them directly. Such parties will have their own rules and policies in respect of the collection, use and disclosure of personal information and we encourage you to review these rules and policies.
- Publicly, for example, information you choose to share, such as testimonials or posts on our blog, may be visible to the public and may be indexed through third party search engines – we do not control the practices of third party search engines.
- In certain situations, Semcasting may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet the national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, or similar legal process when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- In connection with a merger, acquisition, or other corporate transaction, including if one of our business units are acquired by, sold to, or merged with another company.
We do not rent, sell or share any data collected on this Site with third parties for marketing purposes.
How We Secure Your Personal Information
The Site has industry standard security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. These protections include compliance with IAB, the Network Advertising Initiative (https://www.networkadvertising.org),The HITRUST CSF and Trustwave.
In specific industries such as healthcare, finance, or industries where any sensitive information is to be associated with a digital ID, Semcasting requires that our Clients utilize methodologies to assure that all personally identifiable information is protected.
Retention of Your Personal Information
Semcasting retains personal data we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as required to provide Services to our Client. Semcasting will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Do Not Track
We, Semcasting and our partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers, use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, website traffic logs and scripts, to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movements around the Site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive or generate reports based on the use of these technologies on an individual and aggregated basis.
We partner with third parties to either display advertising on our Site or to manage advertising on other sites. We may share information about your activities, such as cookies, with our third party partners in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. In addition to rejecting all cookies, if you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may selectively opt-out by clicking http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/ (or if located in the European Union click http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You may continue to receive generic ads.
We do not override any “do-not-track” signal from your web browser and will not collect or store your movements on our Site.
Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our Site or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity use HTML5 to automatically collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
If you are under the age of sixteen (16), please do not use or access the Site. It is not our intention to collect or use personal information from anyone under the age of sixteen, and we will not knowingly do so. If we are made aware that we have collected any personal information from minors, and are asked to delete such information from our databases, we will promptly do so.
Your Rights To Your Personal Information
Your Access To Your Personal Information
Semcasting has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate (or all of their) data should direct their query both to Semcasting’s Client (the data controller) and Semcasting (the processor). As mentioned above, we are only able to remove or revise your information located in Client Data we control. We have no control over Client Data that has not been provided to us and remains in the control of our Clients. Please contact our Clients directly to request the removal or revision of your information stored in their databases.
You may also contact us directly to request (i) access to your specific personal information we have collected, (ii) to know the categories of personal information we have collected, (iii) to know the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected, (iv) to know how we use your personal information, (v) to know to whom it has been disclosed, and (vi) that we delete your personal information, subject to limited exceptions under applicable law. Requests should be made in writing and we must be able to verify your identity before we are able to release your personal information to you. We will respond to requests within 45 days or provide notice if we require longer, but will respond within 90 days of receiving the request. We will provide you with your personal information in a portable, readily useable format free of charge, but we may charge a reasonable fee for excessive requests. Providing you with your personal information more than twice in a 12-month period is at our discretion. While we will make every effort to comply with your requests, we may not be able to release, revise or remove your personal information to the extent we are unable to find it in our records. In such an event, we will let you know following the timetable detailed above.
We may not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights permitted by law, including your right to request your personal information as described above.
Secmasting respects your control over your information and, upon request, we will confirm whether we hold or are processing information that we have collected from you. You also have the right to amend or update inaccurate or incomplete personal information, request deletion of your personal information, or request that we no longer use it. Under certain circumstances we will not be able to fulfill your request, such as if it interferes with our regulatory obligations, affects legal matters, we cannot verify your identity, or it involves disproportionate cost or effort, but in any event we will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe and provide you an explanation. In order to make such a request of us, please contact us at:
41 High Street, North Andover, MA 01845
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please also contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
You may direct us at any time not to sell access to your personal information or use it to perform our services.
Communications Opt-Out Policies
Our Site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us at the point where we request information about the visitor. Our email communication materials also give users the option to remove their information from our database to not receive future communications by clicking the unsubscribe link. You can also send an email to email@example.com.
Newsletters and Blogs
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter and/or our blogs, we will use your email address to send the newsletter to you. If you no longer wish to receive these email communications you can follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in the emails you receive or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To request removal of your personal information from our blog, contact us at email@example.com.
Direct Mail Solicitations
As mentioned above, Semcasting is a member of the Direct Marketing Association. All DMA members are required to use DMA’s Mail Preference Service (MPS) to comply with consumer requests not to receive direct mail advertising. By registering your name on the DMA MPS file, you will be certain to get your name suppressed from the largest number of marketing files and not just Semcasting’s data products. To do so, please contact the DMA’s Consumer Assistance website page https://thedma.org/accountability/dma-choice/ or by calling the DMA at 212.768.7277. Semcasting cannot honor requests for the removal of your personal information from direct mail solicitations outside of Semcasting’s control.
41 High Street, North Andover, MA 01845